Monday, December 12, 2011

Blogging project- Section on my Reseacrch topic

My research topic was on positive and negative effects of Technology on society. I decided to dive into this topic because it is such an ongoing debate. I researched journal articles and gathered appropriate information on this topic. At the conclusion of my paper, I realized that each side holds some truth. But, I do not believe that technology ( just technology) itself is either good or bad. I believe it is the users motivations and mindsets that can make technology either positive or negative. But also, the words negative and positive are different than good and bad.

Some positvies mentioned in my research were- taken straight from my paper " Time is another factor that technology helps with tremendously. Say one has to write an important email to his or her boss before 5:00pm. He or she doesn't think that they will have enough time to send them email. With technological advancements allow one to have a laptop, or an Ipad or a kindle or a smartphone with them. And, each of the devices listed above has email capability and extremely impressive mobile capability. One can now be anywhere and send that important emai to his or her boss by 5:00pm with no problem."

Another positive mentioned in my research paper- taken straight  from my paper- " Technology broadens everyone's knowledge. Knowing about the world, events, people, etc- is an important part of life and technology offers safem fast and fun ways to get access to important information. 

Time, knowledge and mobility are three positive aspects to technology.

Negative aspects mentioned in my paper- taken straight from my paper- " Everything seemst to now be shared. There is no more security. People can find out numerous amounts of information about anyone or anything. Things are no longer personal to anyone, it is always universal,losing individuality and personality is a big negative aspect to many people."

Another negative aspect- taken straight from my paper-" Losing that face  to face interaction because of technological advancements  and popularity is a huge turn-off to individuals that are anti-technology or people that believe technology has greater negative effects. And, if one misses " face to face" interaction, technology would be the thing to balme. Lack of face to face interacton and lack of individuality are two negative effects of technology on society.
My conclusion-" Technology is extremely pervasive in society. Technology helps and hinders, but it really depends on the perception of the individual viewing the technologies evolution. It seems as though technology is one of the best things that has ever happened to mankind. It offers instantaneous communication, accessible communication and so much more. But, there has and will always be an on-going debate about the positive and negative effects of technology ( on society). Do the advancements of technology grow us apart? Is there no more person to person interaction? Do we value the time shared with one another? This debate could go on forever . "


imgres.jpg


imgres.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment